So the pot for the PriorFatGirl Diet Bet basically went viral and as of last I checked was up to $7280!! I am not usually one to join up with these types of things... but the big pot of money had me going. Also, I stepped on the scale recently to see a number I have never seen before, and that came with the reality check that I might have to do more than wish for the number to change. Yes, I know I'm still a relatively small girl, and some people might be bothered that I'm trying to lose weight at all... but allow me to speak my case.
Diet Bet is 'only' a 4% weight loss, so I will have to lose around 5lbs in month, It's an aggressive goal, but not an impossible one. Here's some facts around this:
1) I'm 7 lbs heavier than I was last fall, and about 10lbs more than I would ideally be.
2) I'm about 20 lbs more than my thinnest as an adult... now granted that was 5ish years ago and I have no intention of getting back to that weight... but I know I have room to 'safely' lose.
3) I have some basic eating habits that I want to alter (too much wine and too much fast food) My primary goal is to nip those in the bud... and secondary is too lose 5 lbs. I haven't lost perspective here.
4) I don't think there is anything wrong with making a case for small weight loss... I think choosing small weight loss is probably one way to prevent having to deal with dramatic weight loss later.
5) It's a max $20 loss, and my priorities are set enough that if it's a choice between fueling properly for running and losing weight I will fuel properly. I don't intend to 'starve myself' or live off rabbit food.
6) I have zero history of eating disorders (I mean no shame to anyone who has struggled with this)
7) All of my once fitting pants are now creating the 'muffin top' effect and several are unwearable. I don't love how this looks or feels... and I'm cheap enough that I'd rather not have to replace my wardrobe.
8) I'm still more interested in toning and a better figure... if I can get that without the number on the scale budging... than I would be satisfied. (Though I think the two goals are congruous)
9) I think I'm worth having the body I want. This decision is coming from a place of self-acceptance, not self-blame or shame. I know I could eat better and look better and I owe it to myself to try. I like who I am now, and that means believing I can grow too!
Alright, Do I have you on my side?
Then go cheer me on! I want to make some money!